When it comes to choosing your wedding dress, the options are endless! You can go with a classic white gown or choose a dress in a different color for a unique look. If you’re not sure which option is right for you, read on for some tips on how to choose the perfect wedding dress in a non-traditional color.
Picking out your wedding dress is one of the most exciting parts of the planning process. And if you’re looking to add a little bit of personality to your big day, why not consider picking a dress in a non-traditional color? There are many different shades and hues to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that perfectly matches your taste and style.
Guide to different color wedding dresses
Nowadays, wedding dresses are not only white or ivory. Wedding gown designers have come up with many other colors for brides to choose from. So, how do you pick the right color dress for your big day?
Here are a few things to consider:
- What is your skin tone?
Avoid darker colors like black, navy blue, and burgundy if you have a fair complexion. They may make you look washed out. Instead, stick to light colors like champagne, blush pink, or ivory.
If you have a medium complexion, almost any color will look good. However, if you’re looking for something dramatic, go for a deep red or purple dress.
If you have a dark complexion, bright colors like coral or lemon will look great on you. However, avoid shades of brown or black, which may make you look too sombre.
- What is the theme of your wedding?
If your wedding has a formal or traditional theme, choose a dress in a classic color like white, ivory, or champagne. If your wedding has a more modern or informal theme, go for something bolder and more colorful.
- What style of dress do you want?
If you want a ball gown with lots of volume and drama, choose a dress in a bold color like red or purple. If you want something more sleek and streamlined, go for a dress in a neutral color like black or navy blue.
- What time of year is your wedding?
If your wedding is in the spring or summer, pastel colors like blush pink or mint green will look lovely. However, if your wedding is in the fall or winter, richer colors like burgundy or plum will be more appropriate.
Wedding dress color meaning
Love is in the air! If you’re recently engaged or just beginning to plan your wedding, you might be wondering what all of the fuss is about when it comes to choosing a wedding dress. While white has been a popular choice for centuries, more and more brides are opting for colorful gowns. But what does the color of your dress mean? Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the perfect hue for your big day!
White is the color of purity, innocence, and new beginnings. It is associated with cleanliness, freshness, and simplicity. White is often used in wedding ceremonies and on wedding dresses to symbolize purity and virginity.
- Ivory is a light shade of white often used in wedding dress design. It is associated with elegance and femininity.
- Champagne is a light golden color that adds a touch of luxury to a wedding dress. It is associated with wealth, prosperity, and celebration.
- Silver is a cool, shimmering color that can add a touch of glamour to a wedding dress. In addition, it is associated with sophistication and class.
- Gold is a warm, rich color that can make a wedding dress stand out. It is associated with richness, luxury, and extravagance.
- Black is a formal and elegant color used in a wedding dress to create a dramatic effect. It is often associated with power, sophistication, and mystery.
- Red is a passionate color that can add excitement to a wedding dress. It is associated with love, excitement, and celebration.
- Pink is a soft, feminine color used in a wedding dress to reflect the bride’s romantic side. It is associated with sweetness, love, and romanticism.